Saturday, December 6, 2008

Memphis disappointment = Nashville high hopes
















December 6th

OK. So we wanted to make a quick stop to see Downtown Memphis during the day but it turns out there's a Marathon going on now and all roads to Downtown were left with tubby fatasses walking in a marathon.
Oh and Graceland would be a total of $68 to get into so we decided not to go, but instead take pictures from a distance. Didn't look like all that anyway.
Memphis has disappointed me. I thought I'd be greeted with cool blues places and swanky dives. Instead I was welcomed by a BB Kings crawling with tourists and a Dive Bar with a live band playing shitty heavy rock music.
And the bums. One bum totally called us out and yelled as we passed by "What up, New York?" That was pretty good. I guess we looked cocky and well dressed compared to the other people in the area. These country folk have no fashion sense.
So anyway, we're on the road to Nashville now. Can't wait to have some BBQ and check out President Andrew Jackson's house. Justin tells me that Jackson, after being shot, beat his assaulted with his cane. He also threatened to hang John C Calhoun and parade him around town if he seceded from the Union. That's pretty badass.

Status: Laughing at the "Loosahatchie River" sign
On the Radio: "Hungry Like the Wolf" Duran Duran
Weather: Partly Cloudy

No comments: