OJ has been providing you with the updates so far, so now it's my turn. Just some random musings on Dixie Land so far:
1) Charleston is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. So clean and picturesque. Sure it kind of smells like sulfur and there was a cock-a-roach running around our motel room (actually more than one I think) but I can't blame the city for that. As long as I didn't wake up with it crawling on my chest I was happy
2) The weeping willow tree is the coolest tree known to man. These trees are ALL over Savannah Georgia and they look so cool. The thick Spanish moss that grows from the bark feels like confetti. I thought about swiping some of it and bringing it in the car with us, but OJ thought having that on top of everything else would just make the vehicle smell worse at this point.
3) If it wasn't for the fact that I can control myself, I would be having a heart attack as soon as I got back from this trip. I've managed to limit my meals to one and a half a day, and that is necessary because our meals have been TERRIBLE for us. We have managed to survey three of the fast food restaurants that are exclusive to the South (well actually, I tried four of them, OJ only tried 3): Hardees, A&W, Checkers and Sonic. We are at Sonic right now as I write this, and a lovely woman with dreadlocks just brought our food to the car for us. The tater tots smell delicious.
4) Not everyone down here is as friendly as I thought they would be. Everyone says the South is so friendly so I kind of expected people to run up and hug me as soon as I walked around the cities. Not so! I haven't gotten one hug yet, and everytime I ask for one I get weird looks....strange indeed.
We are about to depart for Atlanta (yes we will be driving for a good portion of the night) so I have to cut this short...more musings later as they come to me.
J$
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment