Friday, December 5, 2008

Off to Memphis
















December 5th


Coming from NYC, it's funny how we had to come down to Jackson to see some really ghetto shit. Stray dogs, run down cotton factories and boarded up houses galore. I can't wait to post the pics, it's crazy. Justin claims some of the slaves must've lived in some of these places.
I was taking a picture of this Jackson Police Car until the police officer came out and was like "Whatchoo taking a photo of, boy?"
After I peed my pants a little, I explained that I was from NY and he laughed and let me be.
Looks like this place sees its share of hurricanes cuz there's a lot of run down stuff here that they just don't clear out.
Currently we're heading up I-55 to this Tamale place in Clarksdale just off the Mississippi. Then it's off to a pie place, then Memphis, TN and GRACELAND.

Status: Feelin bluesy
On the Radio: "Hoochie Coochie Man" by B.B. King
Weather: Partly Cloudy

No comments: